Bazaarvoice Conversations provides integration with Facebook, as described below.
Enable Facebook authentication using Janrain
Bazaarvoice supports integration with Janrain , which is a social authentication technology. This integration allows access to reviewers’ Facebook accounts, enabling each reviewer to do the following:
- Share reviews on Facebook
- Attach Facebook photos with reviews when they are published on brand or retailer sites
- Display Facebook profile pictures next to reviews
To successfully integrate Janrain with Conversations, you must perform these steps.
Complete the following steps to add an app to your Facebook developer account:
- Log in to your Facebook developer account .
- Add a new app.
- Go to the Settings section of the app you just created.
- Click Add Platform and select Website.
In the Site URL field, add a site URL in the following format:
Replace <client_name> with the appropriate value.
Click Show to see the App Secret. Copy the values for App ID, App Secret, and Site URL, and paste them somewhere you can reference later, like a text editor.Note: You will need to add these values later in the Bazaarvoice Workbench.
- Click Save Changes.
Step 2: Verify the site URL
Verify that the site URL you configured in the Facebook developer console in the previous step is correct.
Open another browser tab or window and navigate to the site URL. You can copy and paste the site URL into your browser’s address bar.
- If the site URL is correct, a page confirming that you are using Janrain Engage for sign-in is displayed.
- If the site URL is incorrect, you are redirected to the Janrain login page . Check to make sure your client name is correctly spelled and the rest of the site URL matches the example URL in Step 1. Continue to test the site URL until you see the Janrain Engage confirmation page.
Step 3: Connect your Facebook app in Workbench
The next step is to add the Facebook app ID and app secret to the Bazaarvoice Workbench.
- Log in to Workbench and click Settings » Manage Applications. The Site Manager page of the Conversations configuration hub is displayed.
- From the Implementations list, edit the implementation in which you want to enable social authentication.
- In the Settings section of the configuration hub, click User Authentication.
- At the top of the User Authentication page, click the Social Authentication tab to display the Facebook Authentication page.
- Enable the Facebook Authentication option.
- Enter the values you copied from your Facebook developer console for Application ID and Application Secret.
Test and save your Janrain integration by clicking the Update Facebook Credentials button in the middle of the Social Authentication page.
If everything is configured correctly, a message that your request has succeeded is displayed.
If something has gone wrong, this error is displayed:
[Unknown error] - Error calling JanRain: (400) Bad Request - Caused by: Facebook app's Site URL is not an Engage URL: https://<client_name>.auth.bazaarvoice.com/
If you receive the preceding 400 error, contact Bazaarvoice Client Care .