This topic provides an overview of additional features and tools available for Curations.
Enabling personalized content
Personalization is an established best practice in eCommerce. By presenting shoppers with an experience tailored to their interests, you can drive conversion and customer loyalty. Shoppers that view personalized product recommendations on a retail site are not only more likely to purchase a product, but they are also more likely to return to the site in the future.
Personalized content tailors your Curations displays with posts that are unique to each shopper on your site. Bazaarvoice captures product purchases as well as non-transactional events within our network of over 5,700 brand and retail sites. We track each customer’s journey within our network, on and off your site, and build individual shopper profiles in real time. We use these shopper profiles to customize displays for each profiled visitor to your site.
If you enable a personalized Curations display, shoppers on your site will see visual content that best matches the products they are interested in.
Complete the following steps to enable personalized displays:
- Contact your Bazaarvoice representative to enable personalization on your account.
- After Bazaarvoice enables personalization on your account, enable the personalization toggle on the displays that should show personalized content.
Personalization Data ROI Report
The Personalization Data ROI report dashboard allows you to understand the impact of your personalized content displays on ROI over time. You can also download a weekly detailed CSV file to serve as input for your own ROI analysis.
Refer to the Personalization Data ROI Report topic for information about using the report. Performance metrics for personalized displays are shown in their own table segment and rolled into the “Report for all pages” table.
Enabling the Shop Now feature
The Shop Now feature helps consumers purchase products tagged in Curations galleries with only a few mouse clicks. If Shop Now is enabled for your Curations implementation, and a piece of content is tagged with one or more valid product IDs, the Shop Now feature adds the following information to the content lightbox for each tagged item:
- product image
- product name
- star rating
- link to the corresponding product page on your website
The rectangle in the following image highlights Shop Now information for the gloves and coat the woman in the photo is wearing. The gloves display first because they have a higher rating than the coat. If consumers want to buy a product they see in the photo, they can click the Shop Now button for that product, which takes them to the product page for the item. From the product page, they can add the item to their online shopping cart and purchase the item.
Note: If a piece of content does not have a product ID tag, the Shop Now information does not display in the lightbox.
You must complete the following to successfully implement Shop Now on your website:
- Provide Bazaarvoice a product feed with valid product IDs and product page URLs.
Note: If you are an existing Bazaarvoice Conversations client, you already have provided a product feed.Tip: To limit the Shop Now feature to product data from a specific locale, including locale-specific product names, descriptions, and product details page URLs, include the
Note: If you are an existing Bazaarvoice Conversations client, you already have this snippet implemented.
- Tag Curations content with product IDs listed in your product feed. If you use Bazaarvoice moderation, Bazaarvoice moderators can tag incoming content. You can also tag content yourself using the Curations console.
- If your implementation is live, contact Bazaarvoice Client Care to enable the Shop Now feature.
If your Curations implementation displays content in the column or grid layouts, the Shop Now feature adds additional information below each piece of content. For column layouts, a small product image and the name of the product are displayed, as shown in the following image.
For grid layouts, a small product image and the name of the product are displayed below text-only content, as shown in the following image.
Enabling the Shoppable Instagram gallery
With the Shoppable Instagram gallery, your company can create a gallery that features company-generated Instagram photos and videos. Because the posts in the gallery are generated by your company instead of directly by consumers, you can arrange the content for the exact look and feel that you desire. In addition, each post can include Shop Now buttons that link directly to product detail pages, bringing the point of purchase as close as possible to your curated social media offering.
- Add a link to your Instagram profile that points to an engaging, shoppable gallery hosted on your site.
- Display company-generated Instagram photos and videos in your shoppable gallery.
- Display Shop Now buttons directly within posts.
- Shorten the path from “social to shop” and increase conversion.
- Funnel viewers from your Instagram account to your gallery page and turn them into shoppers with just one click.
- Highlight your products with company-generated Instagram content in addition to consumer-generated content.
- Allow shoppers to move from post to post with a single swipe, on a 100% white-labeled gallery hosted on your site.
- Use your site’s analytics solution to track the behavior of shoppers who visit the gallery page via Instagram, enabling you to directly tie ROI to your social media effort.
Complete the following steps to enable the Shoppable Instagram gallery:
- Confirm that your company has an official Instagram account to represent your brand or retail business. If not, create an official Instagram account for your company.
- Contact your Bazaarvoice representative to request a Shoppable Instagram gallery page. Bazaarvoice will build you a standalone gallery page that contains Instagram posts provided by your company.
Note: The gallery page is hosted on your site.
- In addition to creating a gallery to feature your Instagram posts, Bazaarvoice will also product tag your posts so that they display Shop Now buttons (and inline ratings if you are a Conversations client). This allows consumers to navigate to product detail pages directly from Instagram posts featured on your gallery.
- After gallery creation and product tagging, add the gallery page URL to your official Instagram account so that shoppers viewing your profile can find your Shoppable Instagram gallery. For aesthetic reasons, Bazaarvoice recommends you use a link shortening service when displaying the URL on your Instagram profile.
Enabling the Curations Upload feature
Caution: If you're using Curations 3 ignore this topic and refer to Using Direct Upload instead.
The Curations Upload feature lets consumers upload photos of your products directly into your Bazaarvoice Curations implementation. When you make uploading product photos easy for consumers, your overall volume of social content rises and the number of products for which you have content increases. Also, because you can ask consumers to provide a certain type of photo instead of searching social media for photos that meet your requirements, your content approval rate increases, making content collection more efficient.
If your Curations implementation is live, contact Bazaarvoice Client Care to enable or modify the Curations Upload feature.
The Curations Upload feature provides consumers a link that opens a photo submission form. You can use the Curations Upload link in the following places:
- Your Conversations post-interaction email (PIE) (Bazaarvoice Conversations clients only)
- Non-PIE email
- Webpages on which you display Curations content
The basic URL format is:
The hostname for the URL is:
The following table describes the query parameters you can modify.
Note: Query parameters should be separated with
& as shown in the Example URL.
Your workbench login, which may be different from your Curations console name.
|group||yes||Code reference of the Curations group you want submitted content to appear in. To find the code reference, go to the Manage Content tab of your Curations console. Click the group name. The code reference for the group is under the Options tab. Submitted content appears in the group's Inbox until moderated.|
Note: A group receiving uploaded photos must be moderated either by you or Bazaarvoice.
Do not use the Curations Upload feature with a group that has rights management enabled.
|productId||no||Valid ID of a product in your Bazaarvoice product feed. When you provide a productId, content submitted through the Curations Upload link is automatically tagged with this ID. If you do not provide a productId, content is not automatically tagged.||<none>|
|incentivized||no||Set to true if the consumer you are sending the Curations Upload link to received an incentive to submit a photo. Possible incentives include entry into a sweepstakes, coupons or discounts, loyalty reward points, and free products.||false|
|tags||no||Additional tags you want to apply to submitted content. The tag submission-app is automatically applied to all content collected through Curations Upload regardless of the presence or value of this parameter.||<none>|
|bvcampaignid||no||Campaign ID to associate with any reviews collected through the Write a product review button on the Curations Upload Thank you page.||curations-submission|
|locale||no||The desired locale in which to translate the text and product name. You need localized product names in your feed to translate the product name associated with the image, otherwise the English name appears. If no locale is given it will default to the locale in the user's browser.||en-us|
The following image shows an example photo submission form that opens when a consumer clicks a Curations Upload link. The company logo appears at the top of the form followed by four options for uploading a photo.
The following list describes each upload option:
- Upload a photo—When selected from a mobile device, the device photo album opens. Consumers can upload any photo stored on their mobile devices. When selected from a computer, the file explorer opens. Consumers can navigate to any photo on their computer and upload it.
- Take a photo—When selected from a mobile device, the device camera is activated. Consumers can take a photo and upload it. When selected from a computer with a web camera, the web camera is activated. Consumers can take a photo and upload it. If the consumer selected this option from a computer with no web camera, an error is displayed saying that the browser is unable to access the web camera.
- Choose from Facebook—When selected from a mobile device, the Facebook app launches. If the device does not have the Facebook app installed, a pop-up window opens asking for permission to access the Facebook photo feed. Consumers may be prompted to log in to Facebook if they are not logged in already. When selected from a computer, a browser tab opens to the Facebook website.
- Choose from Instagram—When selected from a mobile device, the Instagram app launches. If the device does not have the Instagram app installed, a pop-up window opens asking for permission to access the Instagram feed. Consumers may be prompted to log in to Instagram if they are not logged in already. When selected from a computer, a browser tab opens to the Instagram website.
Note: This option is not supported by older browsers or browsers that require Flash to access the web camera.
You can customize the logo, font, and text color on the form. However, you cannot modify the text.
If you use Bazaarvoice Conversations, complete the following steps to change the logo on your photo submission form.
- From the Bazaarvoice workbench, select Settings » Manage Applications to display the Manage Versions page of the Conversations configuration hub.
- Click the implementation you want to modify to open it in the configuration hub.
- Under Settings, select Email Templates.
- In the Email Logo section, select the logo image you want to use, and enter the fully formed URL for the image.
Note: The logo image cannot be more that 300 pixels wide.
If you do not have Conversations and want to change the photo submission form logo, contact Bazaarvoice Client Care .
When the consumer selects a photo to upload, a window opens containing the photo, a comment box, a field to enter a nickname, and a link to the Terms and Conditions, as shown in the following example.
Leaving a comment is optional. If the incentivized parameter of the Curations Upload link is set to true, consumers do not have the option to submit a comment with their photo.
Providing a nickname is required. If the incentivized parameter of the Curations Upload link is set to true, the nickname field is automatically populated with the nickname the consumer previously provided.
Consumers must select the I agree to the Terms and Conditions check box before posting images. The Terms and Conditions are the same ones used for automated rights management. If you do not have a rights management profile configured, you must do so to use Curations Upload even if you do not want to use automated rights management.
After the upload is complete, a Thank you page appears, as shown in the following example.
Your Thank you page does not have the Write a product review button if:
- you do not have Bazaarvoice Conversations or Conversations PRR.
- your Curations Upload link does not include a valid
Note: If you have Conversations PRR, you need a review submission URL template configured by Bazaarvoice.
Adding a Curations Upload link to PIE
If you have Bazaarvoice Conversations, you can add the Curations Upload link to your post-interaction email.
- Sign in to the Bazaarvoice Portal .
- Select Configuration from the Portal menu located in the upper-left corner.
- Select an instance.
- Select Go to Configuration. The Site Manager appears, listing the available deployment zones and implementations.
Note: You can also add new deployment zones and implementations on this screen.
- Under Implementations, use the filter to find the name of the implementation you require.
- Select Edit next to the implementation you want to configure.
- On the menu on the left side of the page, select Email Configuration under Settings.
- Select the Email Templates tab.
- Set the Use Template Settings from Main Site slider to OFF.
Note: When set to OFF, you can configure and edit email templates for this specific implementation.
- On the right side of the Post-Interaction Email row, select Edit.
- Select the Standard template type from the list located in the upper-left corner.
- In the Body section of the email template, place your cursor where you would like the Curations Upload link to appear.
- Select Insert link.
- Under Link type, select Add your photo link from the drop-down list.
- The default link text reads Add your photos. Select the Text field to modify it.
- Select Save and Insert to add the Curations Upload link to the PIE.
Category-filtering navigation bar
The Curations navigation bar allows visitors to your website to filter what information they see based on labels. This makes Curations galleries more interactive and navigable for your users. The navigation bar will include a drop-down or list of selectable categories. If your implementation is live, contact Bazaarvoice Client Care to enable this feature.
Note: This feature is only available for the Carousel, Grid, and Columns templates.
Bazaarvoice Mobile SDKs
The SDK is used by several industry-leading mobile solutions that rely on a stable and well thought out SDK. Some of the benefits include:
- Faster product implementation: Less development means faster time-to-market.
- Certification: You can ensure your application is using Bazaarvoice APIs with best practices in mind and following the API Terms and Agreements.
- Accessibility: The open source configuration makes it easier to debug the SDK and understand how the SDK interacts with your application.
- Support: We accept pull requests and bug reports right in GitHub, actively developing with regular releases and updates.
- Zero config analytics: Required analytic events are sent automatically.
Watch the following short video to learn about the features you can add to your apps with Mobile SDKs:
Full Mobile SDK implementation instructions for your development team are available on GitHub:
Setting up your Facebook app to share content
When a user clicks on a post in a Curations social feed, the details of that post load in a window with controls that allow the user to share the post on their social networks. Clicking on the Facebook share icon in the window triggers Facebook’s sharing functionality. To enable Facebook sharing, a Facebook app must be set up.
Follow these steps to create and configure a Facebook app.
- Log in at Facebook for developers. Click the Website icon to add a new app.
- Enter your app name in the text field. Click Create New Facebook App ID.
- Choose the appropriate category from the Category drop-down menu. This selection will not affect the app’s functionality. When you are finished, click Create App ID.
Note: If you receive a message about test versions, ignore it.
- Select Settings from the menu. Enter your site’s domain in the App Domains field. For example,
- Add the email address for the person responsible for maintaining this app in the Contact Email field.
- Add the URL for your website in the Site URL field.
Note: If you do not see the Site URL field, you may need to click + Add Platform and select Website to add the Website module.
- Click Save Changes.
- Select Status & Review from the menu. Toggle the switch to Yes for Do you want to make this app and all its live features available to the general public?
- Click Confirm.
- Select App Details from the menu. Under Icons, click Small App Icon. Follow the instructions to add your icon.
- Click Save Changes when you are done. The icon you chose will appear in the Post to Facebook window that the user interacts with.
- Select Settings from the menu. Under the Basic tab, copy your App ID, and send this ID to your Bazaarvoice project manager.