Though many email messages are sent during the course of a campaign and using the portal, you can send an “ad hoc” email message to one or more members. For example, you might want to encourage members who are not responsive or responding to questions submitted by clicking Contact Us on the portal.
- To send an ad hoc email message to specific campaign participants, review the list of participants by exporting campaign data on the Members tab and then select those members in procedure below.
- To send an ad hoc email message to specific active members, review the list of active members by downloading member data and then select those members in the procedure below.
Complete these steps to send an ad hoc email message:
- Click Members at the top of the portal and then click View Members.
- Select members who will receive the ad hoc email message by clicking the check boxes on the right side of each member’s row.
Tip: Member selections are not saved if you navigate to another page. If you multiple pages of members, select members on one page, send the email message, and then navigate to subsequent member pages to send messages to additional members.
- Click Send Ad Hoc Email. The Ad Hoc Email Template is displayed.
- Configure the following:
- Subject – Include a clear and compelling call-to-action so that recipients understand what you are asking them to do. Use 9-14 words, if possible, and be cognizant of spam filter triggers, such as special characters, all capital letters, and so on. This field allows up to 50 characters.
- Header (title) – Provide a clear and concise title to the email message. You can specify up to 50 characters.
- Body – Include a single call-to-action to limiting distracts of other marketing messages. Provide clear and concise messaging so that recipients can quickly identify the action you want them take. You can specify up to 200 words.
- Click Send email to X members.