The ability to contribute content gives consumers a sense of ownership in the client’s product. However, if a moderator rejects a review without explanation, contributors feel frustrated. They are less likely to edit and resubmit reviews, particularly if they need to start over. Additionally, rejected reviews might make consumers decide not to review more products, leading to lower review volume and potentially lower sales for your company.
When Bazaarvoice content moderators reject a review, the contributor receives an email notification. By default, the rejection message lacks an explanation. Review resubmission remedies this situation by giving contributors the chance to easily resubmit a review. The moderator’s reasons for a review’s rejection are listed in the rejection email. The moderator can also highlight the specific sections of a review that need editing. In many cases, the rejection email includes an editable copy of the original review. This saves the contributor the time and effort required to re-create the entire review. As a consequence, a higher percentage of your customers will decide to resubmit their reviews. Your review volume can then increase.
Enable review resubmission
To enable content moderators to use review resubmission with your company’s reviews, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Bazaarvoice Portal .
- Select Configuration from the Portal menu located in the upper-left corner.
- Select an instance.
- Select Go to Configuration. The Site Manager appears, listing the available deployment zones and implementations.
Note: You can also add new deployment zones and implementations on this screen.
- Under Implementations, use the filter to find the name of the implementation you require.
- Select Edit next to the implementation in which you want to enable review resubmission.
- From the menu on the left side of the page, select Email Configuration under Settings.
- Select the Email Templates tab.
- Enable the Review Rejected email message type by turning on the toggle switch in the Enabled column.
- From the menu on the left side of the page, select Display Options under User Experience.
- Select the Ratings & Reviews tab.
- In the Review Submission section, select Enabled under Allow Editing for Rejected Reviews.
- Personalize your email messages to contributors about rejected reviews by using the Review Rejected email template. You can edit the template or create a custom template by returning to the Email Templates tab in Email Configuration (see steps 7 and 8), and selecting Edit on the right side of the Review Rejected row.
When configuring the email template, keep the following in mind:
- Include the reason(s) for rejection in the Body section of the template. Select Insert tag to locate and add reasons for rejecting the review.
- Include a link for resubmitting content in the Body section. Use Insert link to add the URL to the template.
- In the Insert Link dialog box, you can change the text that appears in the submission button for an editable review in the Text: Edit Content field.
- You can change the text that appears in the submission button for a non-editable review in the Text: New Content field.
- Select the Link type dropdown list, then select the variable you want to include.
14. Deploy the changes to the implementation.
Note: If necessary, you can manage end-user email subscriptions and provide end-users with the ability to unsubscribe from email messages, though we include an unsubscribe link in all email messages to consumers. See Consumer email subscriptions for more information.
Edit the review resubmission email template
You can use the Ratings & Reviews Collect-Distribute configuration hub to personalize the email you send to contributors about rejected reviews. Complete the following steps to configure email notifications for the feature.
- In the Settings section of the Ratings & Reviews Collect-Distribute configuration hub, select Email Templates to display the Email Templates page.
Scroll down to the Email Templates Editor section. In the Choose a Template box, select the Review Rejected template.
- Edit the template fields to personalize the message for your company.
Note: The Body section must include the auto-populated fields in the default template that are related to the product name, as well as any links.
In the Body field of the template, place the mouse cursor in the location where you want to insert the reason(s) for rejection. Select Insert and then select Rejection reasons from the dropdown menu. The email will list all reasons for the rejection.
In the Body field of the template, place the mouse cursor in the location where you want to insert the link for resubmitting content. Select the link icon. The Insert a link dialog box is displayed.
- From the dialog box, select Resubmit content link from the Choose a link dropdown menu.
- If you want to change the text that appears in the submission button for an editable review, enter it into the Text: Edit Content field.
- If you want to change the text that appears in the submission button for a non-editable review, enter it into the Text: New Content field.
- You can also insert variables into the text. From the Insert dropdown menu, select the variable(s) you want to include.
- Select Insert at the bottom of the dialog box to save your changes and insert the variable into the email body.
View resubmitted reviews and reports
You can use the Bazaarvoice Workbench to view and generate reports on resubmitted review content. You can use the reports to answer questions like these:
- How many reviews were successfully or unsuccessfully resubmitted?
- How many reviews were resubmitted with pictures?
- What was the rate of successful or unsuccessful resubmission?
Complete the following steps to access a list of resubmitted reviews:
- From the Workbench, select the Content menu.
- Select Content Dashboards on the left side of the page. The Ratings & Reviews dashboard is displayed by default, and statistics for the last 30 days are shown.
- Select the date range dropdown menu and then select All Dates.
- From the Content dropdown menu, select Campaign Source. A list of sources is displayed.
- Select Bazaarvoice Review Resubmission Email and then select Apply.
- Select additional filters to analyze resubmitted reviews. Here are some examples:
- To view all approved resubmitted reviews: From the Moderation dropdown menu, select Moderation Status and then select the Approved check box.
- To view all rejected resubmitted reviews: From the Moderation dropdown menu, select Moderation Status and then select the Rejected check box.
- To view all resubmitted reviews that include pictures: From the Content dropdown menu, select Attached Content and then select the With Photos Attached check box.
Generate reports on resubmitted review content
Complete the following steps to generate and download a report of resubmitted review content in spreadsheet (.xlsx) format.
- From the Workbench, under the Reports dropdown menu, select Ratings & Reviews.
- From the left column of the Analyst Reports: Ratings & Reviews page, select Create A New Report.
- Under the Select Report Template section, select All Review Report.
- From the Content dropdown menu in the Add Filters section, select Campaign Source. A checklist of submitted content is displayed.
- Select Bazaarvoice Review Resubmission Email and then select Apply.
- Select Save and Run to generate your report.
The Analyst Reports page displays, including your new report. Use the Download link to save a copy of this file.
Contact Bazaarvoice Support if you want to receive a recurring report that includes information about the review rejection emails sent, the open rate, and the clickthrough rate.