Review request benefits
Clients who use Bazaarvoice’s review requests and review request reminders, have seen 80+ percent of their Ratings & Reviews volume generated through these messages.
Review requests are:
- Essential to driving review volume. You can expect to generate four moderated and approved reviews for each 100 review requests sent (on average).
- Adds significant product coverage and content freshness. Review requests drive significant volume back to your site. Some clients see thousands of transactions per week from review request based visitors.
- Enhances search engine optimization (SEO) value.
To request and collect reviews by email, we need information about your customers and, ideally, each of their purchases. Purchase information enables us to ask for reviews about the specific products customers bought, which results in three times more reviews than generic requests for reviews.
Typically, a review request is sent to a consumer after an e-commerce transaction such as after a product is purchased.
If you want to send a review request after a non-e-commerce transaction (for example, after they sign up for a newsletter), the transaction must be associated with a product that is included in your product catalog.
Implement review requests
To send review requests, you must perform the following steps:
Step 1: Contact
Bazaarvoice Client Care
to enable review requests and configure when you want review requests to be sent to your customers.
Step 2: Collect transaction data when your customers purchase a product. There are two different methods to send your transaction data to Bazaarvoice:
- Method 1: Send interaction data automatically works with the BV Pixel to collect encrypted transaction and interaction data directly from your site. This is the recommended method for performance improvements.
- Method 2: Send interaction data manually requires you to upload an XML file to Bazaarvoice containing transaction data that can be used in review requests. However, most PRR clients are using this method.
Note: Send interaction data manually only if BV Pixel is not implemented on your website. Bazaarvoice recommends sending interaction data automatically (BV Pixel) for performance improvements and future innovations.
Step 3: Test review requests.
Review request workflow
Learn more about the workflow and timing of review requests.
Bazaarvoice stores all consumer email addresses on secure servers. The email addresses are kept confidential and will not be shared with any third party or sold for marketing or advertising purposes. To protect consumer privacy, we delete email addresses 60 days after you submit them.