Here’s a typical workflow and timeline for review requests (formerly post-interaction email or PIE) that are sent after a customer completes a transaction, such as a purchase on your website or in your brick-and-mortar store.
- A transaction record is generated in your database and sent to Bazaarvoice in an interaction feed or BV Pixel event.
- Bazaarvoice determines the following:
- If it’s been 180 days or less since the transaction, the product or service is included in the review request, whether the customer has submitted an approved review for one or more past transactions. If it’s been more than 180 days since the transaction, the product or service is omitted from the review request. This is the default setting. Contact Bazaarvoice Support to configure review request settings.
- Whether the customer has more than one transaction on the same date. Those transactions can be new or they can come from an interaction feed that contains historical transaction data.
- For multiple transactions received on the same day (until 12 AM CST: UTC-6 or CDT: UTC-5), Bazaarvoice creates a single review request that includes up to five products or services that the user has not yet reviewed. They are listed in this order:
- Highest priced item
- Item with fewest reviews
- Next highest priced item
- Next item with fewest reviews
- Next highest priced item
- If price is not included for the product or service in the interaction feed, the products are ordered strictly by the fewest reviews.
- A review request is sent to the customer. You can configure when this message is sent. Typically, this is 14-21 days after the date and time of the transaction. Contact Bazaarvoice Support to configure review request settings.
- The customer receives the review request and then submits a review by clicking the submission link. This can be for one or more products or services included in the message.
- Each review is published on your site once approved by the Bazaarvoice moderation team.
- If the customer doesn’t submit a review or click the submission link for a product or service, a review request reminder is sent after the initial review request. You can configure the delay between the initial and review request reminders. Based on your review request configuration, products or services may be included for transactions that occurred up to 180 days before the latest transaction. This is set by default. Contact
to configure review request settings.
Note: Reviews submitted from review requests and review request reminders follow the same moderation path as reviews collected from pages on your website.
Submission link expiration
The review submission link expires as follows:
- If your implementation uses hosted authentication (BV-mastered authentication) and the customer does not follow the submission link after 30 days, the customer is no longer pre-authenticated. The customer’s email address is no longer displayed on the submission form, and they are no longer considered a verified purchaser.
- If site authentication (client-mastered authentication) is used and the customer does not follow the submission link after 30 days, they will no longer pre-authenticated, and they must log in using your login page to access the submission form.