The ability to contribute content gives consumers a sense of ownership in the client’s product. However, if a moderator rejects a review without explanation, contributors feel frustrated. They are less likely to edit and resubmit reviews, particularly if they need to start over. Additionally, rejected reviews might make consumers decide not to review more products, leading to lower review volume and potentially lower sales for your company.
When Bazaarvoice content moderators reject a review, the contributor receives an email notification. By default, the rejection message lacks an explanation. Review resubmission remedies this situation by giving contributors the chance to easily resubmit a review. The moderator’s reasons for a review’s rejection are listed in the rejection email. The moderator can also highlight the specific sections of a review that need editing. In many cases, the rejection email includes an editable copy of the original review. This saves the contributor the time and effort required to re-create the entire review. As a consequence, a higher percentage of your customers will decide to resubmit their reviews. Your review volume can then increase.
Enable review resubmission
To enable content moderators to use review resubmission with your company’s reviews, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Bazaarvoice Workbench and then click Settings » Manage Applications. The Site Manager page is displayed.
- From the Implementations list, edit the implementation in which you want to enable review resubmission.
- Click Email Configuration in the Settings section of the configuration hub to display the Email Configuration page.
- On the General tab, click Enabled under Send notifications to users when their content is published.
Note: All email templates other than Post-Interaction Email, Review Verification, Ask a Product Owner, and Google Seller Ratings may be used by the system after you enable notifications; you cannot pick and choose the templates to enable. Therefore, it is recommended that you edit the standard templates or create custom templates to fit your style guidelines.
- Click Display Options in the User Experience section of the configuration hub to display the Display Options page.
- Click the Ratings & Reviews tab.
- In the Review Submission section, click Enabled under Allow Editing for Rejected Reviews.
Personalize the email messages that are sent to contributors about rejected reviews. The Review Rejected email template is used for this purpose. You can edit the template, or you can create a custom template.
When configuring the email template, keep the following in mind:
- Include the reason(s) for rejection in the Body section of the template. Use the Insert tag link to locate and add Rejection reasons.
- Include a link for resubmitting content in the Body section. Use Insert link to add the URL to the template:
- To change the text that appears in the submission button for an editable review, enter it into the Text: Edit Content field.
- To change the text that appears in the submission button for a non-editable review, enter it into the Text: New Content field.
- Insert variables into the text as needed. From the Insert drop-down menu, select the variable(s) you want to include.
Be aware that the moderator’s reasons for a review’s rejection are listed in the rejection email. Not all moderator codes allow a contributor to edit a submitted review. Some codes send a blank review form asking the user to submit a new review.
- Deploy the changes to the implementation.
Edit the review resubmission email template
You can use the Conversations configuration hub to personalize the email you send to contributors about rejected reviews. Complete the following steps to configure email notifications for the feature.
- In the Settings section of the Conversations configuration hub, click Email Templates to display the Email Templates page.
Scroll down to the Email Templates Editor section. In the Choose a Template box, select the Review Rejected template.
- Edit the template fields to personalize the message for your company.
Note: The Body section must include the auto-populated fields in the default template that are related to the product name, as well as any links.
In the Body field of the template, place the mouse cursor in the location where you want to insert the reason(s) for rejection. Click Insert and then select Rejection reasons from the drop-down menu. The email will list all reasons for the rejection.
In the Body field of the template, place the mouse cursor in the location where you want to insert the link for resubmitting content. Click the link icon. The Insert a link dialog box is displayed.
- From the dialog box, select Resubmit content link from the Choose a link drop-down menu.
- If you want to change the text that appears in the submission button for an editable review, enter it into the Text: Edit Content field.
- If you want to change the text that appears in the submission button for a non-editable review, enter it into the Text: New Content field.
- You can also insert variables into the text. From the Insert drop-down menu, select the variable(s) you want to include.
- Click Insert at the bottom of the dialog box to save your changes and insert the variable into the email body.
View resubmitted reviews and reports
You can use the Bazaarvoice Workbench to view and generate reports on resubmitted review content. You can use the reports to answer questions like these:
- How many reviews were successfully or unsuccessfully resubmitted?
- How many reviews were resubmitted with pictures?
- What was the rate of successful or unsuccessful resubmission?
Complete the following steps to access a list of resubmitted reviews:
- From the Workbench, click the Content menu.
- Click Content Dashboards on the left side of the page. The Ratings & Reviews dashboard is displayed by default, and statistics for the last 30 days are shown.
- Click the date range drop-down menu and then select All Dates.
- From the Content drop-down menu, select Campaign Source. A list of sources is displayed.
- Select Bazaarvoice Review Resubmission Email and then click Apply.
- Select additional filters to analyze resubmitted reviews. Here are some examples:
- To view all approved resubmitted reviews: From the Moderation drop-down menu, select Moderation Status and then select the Approved check box.
- To view all rejected resubmitted reviews: From the Moderation drop-down menu, select Moderation Status and then select the Rejected check box.
- To view all resubmitted reviews that include pictures: From the Content drop-down menu, select Attached Content and then select the With Photos Attached check box.
Generate reports on resubmitted review content
Complete the following steps to generate and download a report of resubmitted review content in spreadsheet (.xlsx) format.
- From the Workbench, under the Reports drop-down menu, select Ratings & Reviews.
- From the left column of the Analyst Reports: Ratings and Reviews page, click Create A New Report.
- Under the Select Report Template section, select All Review Report.
- From the Content drop-down menu in the Add Filters section, select Campaign Source. A checklist of submitted content is displayed.
- Select Bazaarvoice Review Resubmission Email and then click Apply.
- Click Save and Run to generate your report.
The Analyst Reports page displays, including your new report. Use the Download link to save a copy of this file.
Contact Bazaarvoice Client Care if you want to receive a recurring report that includes information about the review rejection emails sent, the open rate, and the clickthrough rate.