Reports help you measure and improve key areas of your Bazaarvoice program. Use the Reports app to create and schedule reports that will help you quickly access, analyze, and share important metrics.
Here are a few examples of what you can do with reports:
- Download monthly reports that track the ratings for a specific product, product category, or brand.
- Provide executive-level performance summaries for multiple brands.
- Send weekly emails to your customer service team with reviews that moderators have tagged with customer service issues.
- Send weekly emails to your legal department with reviews that might contain legal liability issues.
- Download a weekly report that tracks Bazaarvoice moderation approvals and rejections.
Watch to learn more about working with Bazaarvoice reports.
The following sections offer more information about the Reports app and associated roles, and provide instructions for creating and optimizing reports:
- Required solutions and roles
- Get started with reports
- New report basics
- Create reports
- Manage reports
- Common questions
Required solutions and roles
To use the Reports app, you must be assigned the following solutions and roles.
|You must have this solution:||and one of these roles:|
The following table lists tasks you can perform and the roles needed for each.
|Edit reports||report owner only||✓|
|Delete reports||report owner only||✓|
Learn more about how solutions and roles are assigned in the Bazaarvoice Portal.
Personally identifiable information
Capabilities in the Reports app are further refined based on access to personally identifiable information (PII). The PII access permission setting grants active Portal users access to PII.
Refer to the following table for rules that apply to sending and receiving reports that contain PII.
|Who can send?||Who can receive?|
|Report does not contain PII||Any active Portal user with access to the Reports app||Any active Portal user|
|Report contains PII||Any active Portal user with access to the Reports app and PI access permission||Any active Portal user with PII access permission|
Users without PII access permission can see reports that contain PII in the Reports List, but cannot take action on them.
The ability to view information contained in reviews, questions, answers, and comments that contain PII is restricted based on report sender and recipient permissions. If a sender or recipient does not have PII access permission and content is marked with the PII content moderation code, information contained in text and title fields may be redacted from R&R Export and Q&A Export reports.
Get started with Reports
To view and manage Reports:
Sign in to the Bazaarvoice Portal .Note: If you can’t sign in, contact your Bazaarvoice Engagement Manager for assistance. Learn more about Portal permissions and user accounts.
Select the Portal menu located in the upper-left corner, and then select Reports.
The Reports List appears.
If your company has more than one client instance, use the client picker (located near the upper-right corner) to move between them. Type the name or scroll through the list to select the one you want.
The Reports List refreshes to display reports associated with your selected client instance.
Go to the Reports List to manage reports. It provides at-a-glance status information about current reports, including:
- Date created
- Creator email address
- Run schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, or not scheduled)
- Last run date
- Next run date, if scheduled
Search for reports
Use the dynamic search field to locate a report by name or creator. As you type, the list of reports narrows to include only that string.
If a report is scheduled, then one or more previously generated reports is available to download. An active download link appears under the report title.
The More actions menu allows you to:
- Run a report on demand
- View report details
- Edit a report
- Duplicate a report
- Delete a report
Run reports on demand
You can run reports in the Reports List at any time. Running a report on demand does not impact its scheduled run days. To run a report on demand, select Run now from the More actions menu.
New report basics
Use the New report page to create and customize reports. From the Reports List, select New report.
The New report page is divided into three expandable areas:
- Start with a template
- Customize report data
- Set delivery options
Start with a template
Each report begins with a template that you select and customize. Available templates differ depending on your implemented Bazaarvoice solutions.
Expand to learn more about each report template.
The R&R Export and Q&A Export templates provide native content data in a raw and unaggregated format; each row is an individual review, question, or answer. Select one of these templates to perform custom analysis of your Ratings & Reviews or Questions & Answers implementations, and to share interesting data with others in your organization.
The R&R Key Metrics and Q&A Key Metrics templates return summarized, calculated metrics to show how your program is performing.
These templates group data by non-numerical fields you choose. For example, to create a report of data broken down by product, include the Product ID or Product Name attributes in the report. Alternatively, to see data aggregated by Brand or Category, add those attributes to the report and remove the Product ID and Product Name attributes. A third option would be to use Brand and Category to break down data and generate a report in which each row would show data by those attributes.
The Coverage Opportunity template highlights two key product metrics: number of product page views and number of displayable reviews. This comparison reveals how you can improve product coverage by collecting reviews for products that need them most.
This limited-availability template is designed to help retailers make data-driven recommendations. These recommendations help vendors and brands improve their content and presence on the digital shelf.
The Vendor Scorecard template pre-populates critical fields. You can add and remove fields and data to configure the report, such as Vendor Name and other custom product attributes that are important to your vendor management strategy. As with other reports, sorting and filtering the data allows you to improve focus and reduce report size.
Watch to learn more.
This template enables you to export your product catalog. You can configure the report to show data about all products, active products, or inactive products.
Use the report to identify areas of your catalog that are missing data. Then, pass the file to people in your organization who can fill in those gaps. You can also use the report to see category or brand IDs that Bazaarvoice may have generated for you.
Limited to users with access to more than one instance, this template offers key summary data of volume, coverage, and consumer sentiment across multiple instances.
To support data privacy, users cannot:
- Create a Multi-instance Overview report that includes an instance they cannot access
- Download, duplicate, edit, or delete Multi-instance Overview reports that contain data for instances they cannot access
Available volume information includes:
- # Displayable Reviews
- # Approved Native Reviews
- # Family Shared Reviews
- # Submitted Native Reviews
- # Syndicated Reviews (Inbound)
- # Syndicated Reviews (Outbound)
- # Destination Native Reviews
Available coverage information includes:
- # Products
- % Products with Displayable Reviews
- # Product Page Views
- % Product Page Views with Displayable Reviews
Available information related to consumer sentiment includes:
- Average Rating (Approved Native)
- % 4+ Star Reviews (Approved Native)
- % Would Recommend to a Friend (Approved Native)
- Net Promoter Score
- % Detractors
- % Promotors
Customize report data
Selections in this area change depending on the report template you use.
If this is a new report, this area shows the default data included in that template. If you are editing a report, then it shows the data that was previously selected and saved.
Available report data includes data that you can include in your report. My report includes currently selected report data.
Use filters to specify or adjust report parameters. You can:
- Select or specify a date range for included report data
- Select common report data to include in the report
- Limit the report to specific product, brand, or category IDs
- Limit the report to one or more product attributes
- Limit the report by product or moderation status
You can further customize report data by:
- Specifying report columns to sort
- Setting a row limit for the report
- Date, Catalog, Moderation—Select one or more filters to refine the report.
- Available report data—Data you can add to your report, organized by category.
- Arrow controls—Move data in or out of your report.
- Sort by—Select up to three report columns on which to sort data and a sorting direction.
- Row limit—Specify the number of rows you want in your report. The more data rows, the longer it takes the report to run.
- My report—Drag data fields to order them in the report.
Set delivery options
Enter or select options in this area to:
- Name the report
- Select the report format
- Select the report run frequency
- Share the report with qualified email recipients
Follow these steps to create and customize reports.
Step 1: Select a report template
In the Start with a template area, select Use template to choose a template. The label changes to Template chosen to show that you’ve selected it.
Step 2: Customize the report
Click to expand the Customize report data area.
When you select a report template, the default report selections and exclusions appear here. The selections included in My Report represent common data for the selected report template; however, you can adjust included and excluded report data to optimize the report for your needs.
Customize your report data by:
- Adding or removing data
- Setting row limits
Add or remove report data
Selected report data appears in My Report. Use the arrow controls to add data fields from Available report data; or move items from My Report to Available report data to remove data from the report.
- Shift+click to select multiple items, and then use the arrow controls to move them.
- Scroll available report data or use the Search field to locate data to add to your Report.
- Drag data fields in My Report up or down to re-order their display in report output.
Use the filters located at the top of the customization area to quickly access common customizations. Filter by:
Catalog data categories, including:
- Product ID
- Product Status
- Product Attributes
- Brand ID
- Category ID
- Moderation status
Use the Sort by feature to further customize the report. Select up to three data fields on which to sort report output and a sorting direction (Low to High or High to Low).
Set row limits
Enter a value to limit the number of rows included in the report. Limiting the number of rows may improve report focus and reduce file size. The maximum (default) number of rows is 1,000,000.
Step 3: Set delivery options
Follow these steps to:
- Select the report name and format
- Schedule the report
- Specify email recipients
Name the report
Enter a unique name for the report.
Select the report format
Select XLSX (Microsoft Excel 2007+) or CSV (plain text, double-quoted, comma-separated values).
If you select XLSX, optionally include report details in the report header. Details include the report name, date range, and other selected filters.
Schedule the report (optional)
Select daily, weekly, or monthly to run the report on a predetermined date.
Select report recipients (optional)
By default, you will receive an emailed copy of your report each time it runs.
To send the report to another qualified recipient, enter a valid email address and click Add. Repeat this step for each intended recipient. The Reports application sends qualified recipients an email notification that includes a link to download the report when available.
Step 4: Run the report
When you finish making selections:
Select Confirm details.
The Report Details panel appears with a summary of report details.
Select Run report or Schedule report.
A message indicates that the report was successfully submitted, and the new report appears in the Reports List. The Last run column shows that the report is running.
You can perform the following report management tasks in the Reports app, depending on your assigned capabilities:
Edit a report
Edit a report to change its name, included data, schedule, or delivery details:
- From the Reports List, select Edit from the More actions list in a report row.
Make changes as desired, and then select Confirm changes.Note: Changing a report name does not duplicate the report. Use the Duplicate feature to clone a report.
Duplicate a report
To duplicate (clone) a report:
- From the Reports List, select Duplicate from the More actions list in a report row.
- (Optional) Expand the Customize report data or Set delivery options areas and make changes.
Select Confirm details.
The Report Details panel appears with a summary of report details.
- Select Run report or Schedule report A message indicates that the report was successfully submitted, and the duplicated report appears in the Reports List. The Last run column shows that the report is running.
Delete a report
To delete a report:
- From the Reports List, select Delete from the More actions list in a report row.
- In the dialog that appears, select Delete to confirm.
Download a report
After they have run successfully, reports are available for download. To download a report:
- From the Reports List, select the active Download link under the report title.
If more than one report is available, select the version you want to download.
The report downloads to your default downloads directory.
View the following questions and answers to better understand Reports features, details, and limitations.
Depending on your assigned roles, you may not be able to perform some actions in the app. For example, you may not be able to edit or delete reports that you didn’t create, or share reports with certain email recipients. Read Reports access for more information.
Available templates differ depending on which Bazaarvoice solutions you have implemented.
You may be excluded from reports containing personally identifiable data (PII). Find out why.
It depends on how much data is included in the report. Reports with large data sets may take up to 24 hours to run.
Reports expire 14 days after they are generated.
Typically it takes 48 hours before raw data and metrics are available in reports. For example, if a review is moderated, the data may not be available in our reporting systems for 24 hours. It can take another 24 hours before aggregated metrics can be built on that data.
Good use cases for this report include:
- Custom analysis via Excel PivotTables, to perform ad hoc exploration and analysis on native Ratings & Reviews data.
- Viewing native reviews collected during a specific time period, specified product category, or other dimension.
- Filtering for specific Content Codes. For example, your legal department might want to review data associated with Content Codes tagged “LI” for legal issues.
- Identify themes that appear in review text to identify trends or quality issues.
Similar to R&R Export template, the Q&A Exports template is appropriate for custom, ad hoc exploration and analysis.
Begin typing in the Search box under Available report data.
Select an item (Shift+select for multiple items), and then use the arrow controls to move it to My report.
The quality of data available from your product catalog directly impacts generated reports. For more information, read Why is the product catalog important?
Portal reports typically provide improved features compared to legacy Workbench reports. The following table lists Workbench reports and the Portal reports nearest in functionality:
|Workbench Analyst Report||Portal Report|
|All Reviews Report||R&R Export|
|All Reviews by X Report||R&R Key Metrics|
|All Questions & Answers Report||Q&A Export|
|All Questions & Answers by X Report||Q&A Key Metrics|
The following information may help if you encounter errors when using the Reports app.
You may receive this error when opening Microsoft Excel Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7. Follow these instructions to resolve the issue.
You may receive this error if your computer does not have sufficient memory or processing speed to open a large Excel file. Try running the report with a smaller data set. If that's not an option, then try running it from a computer with more RAM or a faster processor.